понедельник, 9 апреля 2012 г.

Nice one, bun: Bag of hot cross buns saves heart attack victim

Jack Edwards collapsed while loading shopping in his car and was hardly breathing when he was discovered by off-duty fireman John Bird
A BAG of hot cross buns saved a pensioner who nearly died of a massive heart attack.

Jack Edwards, 89, collapsed while loading shopping in his car and was hardly breathing when he was discovered by off-duty fireman John Bird.

But quick-thinking John used the six-pack of buns to prop up Jack’s head to clear his airway as he started pumping his chest.

And when John visited Jack in hospital later he found the pensioner had eaten all but one of the life-saving buns.

Dad-of-three John, 37, said: “I was in a car park outside Aldi’s store in Coventry when this elderly man just collapsed. His breathing was shallow, and I could barely find a pulse. I knew I had to open his airway, but there was nothing to support his head.

“Then I spotted the pack of buns that had fallen out of his shopping and slipped them ­underneath. By the time an ambulance arrived, I could almost see his chest starting to move.”

Jack is recovering in hospital. His daughter, Diane said: “If it hadn’t been for John, I don’t think dad would have survived. Our family are so grateful.”
Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий